PROF. JASNA JANKOVIC
|Address:||Department of Materials Science & Engineering|
IMS-011F, 97 North Eagleville Road, Unit 3136
Storrs, CT 06269-3136, USA
- Development and application of advanced imaging and spectroscopy techniques
- 3D material design and imaging
- Fuel cells and batteries
- Advanced nanomaterials for clean energy
- Electrospinning for clean energy applications
- Templating nature designs for application in clean energy
Advanced Imaging and Spectroscopy Techniques, Nanomaterials for Clean Energy Applications, Fuel Cells, Batteries, Structure-Property-Performance Correlation
Multi-scale imaging and simulation
The deepest secrets of fuel cell catalyst layers in 3D
- A number of advanced structural characterization techniques have been developed in Prof. Jankovic team.
- Techniques are applicable to fuel cells, electrolyzers, batteries (with some further development).
- Advanced quantification of STEM-EDX maps was developed to provide important parameters in BOL and EOL samples: Pt loading, I/C ratio, CL porosity, OER catalyst agglomerate size distribution, Pt and Ionomer profiles etc.
- The technique provides important information about degradation effects on catalyst laters
- Capability in ionomer imaging in catalyst inks and layers (2D and 3D)
- 3D imaging, reconstruction and simulation of catalyst layers, MPL and GDLs have been demonstrated
- A number of correlations with performance of CL properties has been established
- Great potential of using these techniques to provide understanding of FC performance and degradation and input into mathematical models
- Potential for improved CL design and choice of materials
Catalyst layer 3D electron tomography
Catalyst powder 3D electron tomography
Micro-CT of a fuel cell – beginning of life
Micro-CT of a fuel cell – end of life
- Training and Professional Development
Blackboard Collaborate vs. WebEx for Teaching..
Blackboard Collaborate vs. Webex for teaching and learning Monday, July 13, 11:00-12:00 Online Presenter: Karen Skudlarek, CETLThis workshop is designed... [Read More]
7/13 HuskyCT Basics Intro and Overview
HuskyCT Basics – Intro and Overview Monday, July 13, 12:30-1:30 Online Presenter: Margaret Ascenzo, CETLThis session will introduce you to the new... [Read More]
7/14 Webex Meetings and Webex Events
Webex Meetings and Webex Events Tuesday, July 14, 10:00-11:00 Online Presenter: Karen Skudlarek, CETLThis workshop is designed for staff and will increase... [Read More]
7/16 Closed Captioning & Accessible Digital...
DIY Closed Captioning & Creating Accessible Digital Content Thursday, July 16, 11:00-12:00 Online Presenter: Karen Skudlarek, CETLWe will discuss best... [Read More]
7/17 Need help with HuskyCT?
Need help with HuskyCT? HuskyCT open session (basics, organizing, grade center, LockDown Browser, assessments, etc.) Friday, July 17, 12:00-1:00 Online... [Read More]