PROF. JASNA JANKOVIC
|Address:||Department of Materials Science & Engineering|
IMS-011F, 97 North Eagleville Road, Unit 3136
Storrs, CT 06269-3136, USA
- Development and application of advanced imaging and spectroscopy techniques
- 3D material design and imaging
- Fuel cells and batteries
- Advanced nanomaterials for clean energy
- Electrospinning for clean energy applications
- Templating nature designs for application in clean energy
Advanced Imaging and Spectroscopy Techniques, Nanomaterials for Clean Energy Applications, Fuel Cells, Batteries, Structure-Property-Performance Correlation
Multi-scale imaging and simulation
The deepest secrets of fuel cell catalyst layers in 3D
- A number of advanced structural characterization techniques have been developed in Prof. Jankovic team.
- Techniques are applicable to fuel cells, electrolyzers, batteries (with some further development).
- Advanced quantification of STEM-EDX maps was developed to provide important parameters in BOL and EOL samples: Pt loading, I/C ratio, CL porosity, OER catalyst agglomerate size distribution, Pt and Ionomer profiles etc.
- The technique provides important information about degradation effects on catalyst laters
- Capability in ionomer imaging in catalyst inks and layers (2D and 3D)
- 3D imaging, reconstruction and simulation of catalyst layers, MPL and GDLs have been demonstrated
- A number of correlations with performance of CL properties has been established
- Great potential of using these techniques to provide understanding of FC performance and degradation and input into mathematical models
- Potential for improved CL design and choice of materials
Catalyst layer 3D electron tomography
Catalyst powder 3D electron tomography
Micro-CT of a fuel cell – beginning of life
Micro-CT of a fuel cell – end of life
- Training and Professional Development
7/27 Organizing Course Materials in HuskyCT
Keeping It Simple - Organizing Course Materials in HuskyCT Monday, July 27, 12:30-1:30 Online Presenter: Margaret Ascenzo, CETLThis session will cover...
Communicating Effectively in your Distance...
Communicating Effectively in your Distance Learning Class Online Presenter: Wayne Trembly, CETLJoin us for an hour of your day to connect with your colleagues....
7/30 HuskyCT Basics - Intro and Overview
HuskyCT Basics – Intro and Overview Thursday, July 30, 1:00-2:00 Online Presenter: Margaret Ascenzo, CETLThis session will introduce you to the new...
7/30 Preparing your HuskyCT Grade Center for Grade
Preparing your HuskyCT Grade Center for Grade Calculation and Submission Thursday, July 30, 11:00-12:00 Online Presenter: Dan Facchinetti, CETLIn this...
About the Universitys Compliance Training Policy